Personal Taxes Checklist

Here is a list of the most common items you will need to prepare your personal taxes:

Personal Taxes
T4 slips (Employment income)
Employment insurance benefits (T4E)
Interest, dividends, mutual funds (T3, T5, T5008)
Tuition / education receipts (T2202A)
Universal Child Care Benefit (RC62)
Old Age Security and CPP benefits (T4A-OAS, T4AP)
Other pensions and annuities (T4A)
Social assistance payments (T5007)
Workers’ compensation benefits (T5007)
All other information slips
RRSP contribution receipts
Support for a child, spouse or common-law partner
Professional or union dues
Tool expenses (Tradespersons & apprentice mechanics)
Medical expenses
Transit pass receipts (Up to July 2017)
Charitable donations
Political contributions
Childcare expenses
Adoption expenses
Children’s arts and sports programs
Moving expenses Receipts (continued)
Interest paid on student loans
Carrying charges and interest expenses
Office – in-home expenses
Exams for professional certification
Other documentation
Notice of Assessment/Reassessment
Canada Revenue Agency correspondence
Sale or deemed sale of stocks, bonds or real estate
Northern residents deductions receipts
Rental income and expense receipts
Business, farm or fishing income/expenses
Automobile / Travel logbook and expenses
Disability Tax Credit Certificate
Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200)
Volunteer Firefighters certification
Search and Rescue volunteers’ certification
Custody Arrangement documentation


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s